Important events and reminders
Learn more about RTD passes and vehicle registration, and plan to attend today’s Alternative Work Arrangements Panel and other upcoming events.
January 18, 2022
- Free Regional Transportation District EcoPasses will continue for faculty and staff members in 2022. See this Early Bird article for details.
- The discounted RTD CollegePass is now available to students. Visit the Auraria Higher Education Center website for details.
- All members of the campus community are encouraged to register their vehicles with AHEC to avoid paying night and weekend parking rates.
Alternative Work Arrangements Panel - POSTPONED
UPDATE: This event has been postponed. Please watch your email and the Early Bird for details.
Please join campus leaders for a moderated panel discussion on the Alternative Work Arrangements policy. The conversation will take a high-level view of the policy’s guiding principles, roles and responsibilities, and technology security for implementation and support.
Panelists will include:
- Larry Sampler, chief operating officer and vice president for Administration
- Stacy Dvergsdal, associate vice president of Human Resources
- Michael Hart, chief information-security officer and director of Security
- Rebecca Reid, president of the Staff Senate
No registration is required. Follow this link to join the event.
Join MSU Denver’s own Renee Fajardo, Ph.D., coordinator of Journey Through Our Heritage, and David Heska Wanbli Weiden, Ph.D., professor of Political Science, and fellow panelists at Battle of the Books, as they advocate for their favorite reads. Audience members will then vote to name the champion.
Hosted via Zoom.
Nutrition panel discussions
Campus Recreation has partnered with the 2021-22 Metropolitan State University of Denver Dietetic interns to share valuable information on trending nutrition topics, including the keto diet, collagen, carbohydrates and artificial sweeteners. Interns will lead discussions and share nutrition facts, and attendees can ask questions. Please join us in person in Central Classroom 204 or via Zoom (tinyurl.com/s22-nutrition-panel) to learn more about all these vital nutritional topics.
Ketogenic Diet: Pros and Cons
- Jan. 31: Noon-1 p.m.
- Feb. 14: 12:30-1:30 p.m.
Carbohydrates: Friend or Foe?
- Feb. 28: Noon-1 p.m.
Artificial Sweeteners Truths
- March 14: Noon-1 p.m.
Contact email@example.com for more information.
Topics: AHEC, Community, Events, ExcellenceEdit this page