Nominate a colleague for the Excellence in Online Teaching Award by March 13
Two nominees will be awarded at the upcoming Roadrunners Who Soar Awards Ceremony.
February 24, 2020
Roadrunners are encouraged to nominate Metropolitan State University of Denver educators for the Excellence in Online Teaching Award. The award recognizes sustained contributions to student learning through innovative online teaching and course-design practices as well as service and scholarly contributions to the field. This can include unique and effective online instructional practices, extraordinary overall course design, well-developed individual course materials, innovative use of instructional technology, and/or research or service toward the advancement of online education.
Eligible faculty and instructors will:
- Hold any MSU Denver academic or administrative rank.
- Have taught at least nine MSU Denver online or hybrid credits in the past 5 years.
- Be the original content creator for the course(s) on which the submission is based.
- Have not won this award in the previous 10 years.
A holistic committee review will consider evidence of the following:
- Innovative online teaching practices that result in student engagement, student satisfaction and the achievement of desired learning outcomes.
- Examination of the methods of student learning assessment to inform teaching practices and reshape online-course design.
- Extraordinary commitment to fostering academic success through effective collaboration and rapport with individual learners.
- Development and use of extraordinary overall course design, individual course materials and instructional strategies.
- Service and scholarly activity that enhance the student experience in online courses, advance online education and support fellow instructors in improving their course design and teaching practices.
Submission materials and process
Award applications must be submitted through the Excellence in Online Teaching Award online form. The review committee is looking for exceptional course design, implementation of that design through instruction, and impact on students and fellow educators. A complete list of application materials can be found in the online form, and the submission deadline is March 13.
Two recipients will be selected chosen through a selection process that is overseen collaboratively by the Office of the Provost and the Center for Teaching, Learning and Design.
Awards are presented at the annual Roadrunners Who Soar Celebration on May 7.
For more information about the Excellence in Online Teaching Award, contact Associate Vice President of Online Programs Matt Griswold, Ed.D., at email@example.com or 608-609-6033.
Topics: Award, Online LearningEdit this page