Celebrating excellent educators
Apply or nominate a colleague for the Faculty Senate Teaching Excellence Award by Feb. 11.
January 31, 2022
The Faculty Senate is accepting applications for the 2022 Faculty Senate Teaching Excellence Awards. Please consider applying or nominating fellow faculty members to apply.
There are four awards, each for $1,500:
- Tenured Faculty
- Tenure Track Faculty
- Category II
- Affiliate (part-time)
The Faculty Senate Teaching Excellence Awards are intended to honor individuals who demonstrate excellence in teaching by:
- Exhibiting knowledge of their subject matter
- Showing enthusiasm for their subject matter and for imparting that enthusiasm to students
- Maintaining rigorous academic standards
- Having a positive impact on students’ learning and professional development
- Showing a commitment to teaching
- Cultivating accessibility and open rapport with students
Applicants for the tenured and tenure-track award must be full-time and have taught full-time or worked an equivalent load during both semesters of the 2021-22 academic year. Applicants for the full-time, temporary and part-time faculty awards must have taught classes during both semesters of 2021-22. The Teaching Excellence Award Committee is committed to evaluating face-to-face, online and hybrid teaching and encourages all faculty members to consider applying for this prestigious award.
All applications must be received by Feb. 11, 11:59 p.m. Apply online.
A complete application will include the following:
- Completed application form
- Syllabus from one class
- Guidelines for one assignment
- Teaching schedule this semester with times and rooms of classes
- Letter of recommendation from someone who has observed the applicant’s teaching and is not a student
Please direct questions to Lisa Hagan, Ph.D., professor of Psychological Sciences, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Topics: Academics, Award, CADRE, Teaching Excellence AwardEdit this page