Moderna Covid-19 vaccine boosters available to all eligible employees
Shots will be provided to eligible members of the campus community at no cost.
October 27, 2021
Metropolitan State University of Denver and the Health Center at Auraria are pleased to announce that starting today Moderna Covid-19 vaccine booster shots are available to eligible members of the campus community at no cost. The Moderna and Pfizer boosters are now available for all fully vaccinated employees who received both doses of the either the Moderna or Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine more than six months ago.
Recipients of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine may also be eligible to receive either the Pfizer or Moderna booster at least two months after vaccination through recently approved mix-and-match protocols.
To receive a Covid-19 booster shot, individuals must:
- Have received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine at least two months prior.
- Have received their second dose of the Moderna or Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine at least six months prior, AND meet at least one of the following age/health-related stipulations:
- People ages 65 and older
- Residents in long-term-care settings
- People ages 50 to 64 with certain underlying medical conditions*
- People ages 18 to 49 who are at high risk for severe Covid-19 due to certain underlying medical conditions based on their individual benefits and risks*
- People ages 18 to 64 years who are at increased risk for Covid-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting, including but not limited to: teachers, factory workers, retail workers, restaurant workers, health care workers and first responders, based on their individual benefits and risks.
* Please note that the Health Center at Auraria only carries the Pfizer and Moderna boosters and that all booster doses are available only to individuals ages 18 and older.
All MSU Denver and Auraria Campus faculty, staff and student-employees who meet timing requirements are eligible to receive Covid-19 booster shots per the occupational-setting qualification.
Please visit MSUDenver.edu/booster-shots for more details about Covid-19 booster-shot eligibility.
Scheduling your booster appointment
Appointments are required for the vaccine booster and must be scheduled online at Healthcenter1.com. The boosters will be administered in the Plaza Building, Room 111, Mondays through Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. You must bring a copy of your vaccine card to your booster-shot appointment. If you do not have a vaccine card and received your vaccine in Colorado, you can access your immunization record through the Colorado Immunization Information System or by using the myColorado™ app.
Due to the limited supply of flu shots received and ongoing Covid-19 vaccine and booster-shot distribution, flu shots will be administered only in tandem with a Covid-19 vaccine or booster. For individuals who want a flu shot without receiving a Covid-19 vaccine or booster shot, and for those who have not yet met the six-month threshold for booster-shot eligibility, flu shots can be obtained at a community pharmacy, grocery-store pharmacy or other provider.
For more information on Covid-19 booster-shot eligibility or flu shots, please visit MSUDenver.edu/booster-shots.
Topics: Health, Health Center at Auraria, SafetyEdit this page